News and Announcements
Falcons is schedule to start team practices the week of April 6th. Health regulations and return to play protocol at this point has youth sport at a practicing only stage. Currently league play is to begin the May 1 / 2 weekend. Our plan is to offer intra-club scrimmages that will need umpires on the weekend. This would happen the very earliest mid April. Also in April, Cindy our umpire mentor and educator will be offering an umpire refresher clinic (virtually). Date and times TBA.
Registration for Junior Spring Season is now open!
Register today. Deadline extended to Feb 28th,2021.
We are also running Pre-Season Sessions for 12 and Under.
Go to the Links section of the webpage to register .
You can access the PDF version of this document here.
Communique #9 – December 3, 2020
December 3rd, 2020 PHO Order Interpretation
Adult Activity Suspension and Youth Program return to ‘First Stage’ Return to Responsible Play
Dear Field Hockey BC Members,
On behalf of the Field Hockey BC (FHBC) Board of Directors, I am writing to provide for an important update concerning the intent and expectation of the December 3rd, 2020 Provincial Health Office (PHO) order. The PHO order released today can be accessed at the following link:
Shortly after the PHO order was released, Field Hockey BC attended a viaSport BC meeting to gain the clarification required in order to provide for this communique to membership. In short, the Provincial Health Office and viaSport BC is requiring the Organized Sport Sector to further limit the amount of physical interactions and travel to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
What does this mean for Field Hockey activity?
Adults (19 years old and over):
· Effective immediately, Field Hockey activity for Adults (19 years old and over) is suspended.
· Individual adults may continue to train alone (where permissible within their local community).
· High-Performance Adult athletes that are identified as Canadian Sport Institute (CSI) targeted athletes with either Field Hockey Canada (NSO) or Field Hockey BC (PSO) have an exemption to continue to participate and travel to NSO or PSO programming. Such programming is subject to ‘First Stage’ Responsible Return to Play guidelines (now requiring a 3m physical distancing protocol – up from the previous 2m protocol).
Youth (18 years old and under):
· Youth Field Hockey activity (18 years old and under) may continue BUT MUST be delivered according to ‘First Stage’ Responsible Return to Play (requiring full physical distancing protocols).
· The ‘First Stage’ Responsible Return to Play Framework requires a 2m Physical Distancing Protocol, however, the December 3rd, 2020 PHO Order now requires (effective immediately) a 3m Physical Distancing Protocol.
· Adult coaches and safety officers are permitted to continue to lead full physical distanced youth field hockey programming.
Can one travel to access Field Hockey programming?
· Travel at this time is restricted to the local community where one resides.
· It is permissible for travel to take place to a ‘home’ club in order to access programming (for those able to participate in such programming under the PHO order).
For further detail regarding Field Hockey’s COVID-19 response and to access the Responsible Return to Play Framework documentation, please access this information housed on the Field Hockey BC website at: https://fieldhockeybc.com/covid-19-response/. Further reference material can be found on the viaSport BC website at https://www.viasport.ca/return-sport.
It is likely that that Organized Sport Sector will experience a number of further updates around this order as we approach the New Year and Field Hockey BC will continue to provide as much clarity to our community membership as possible. Despite the restrictions imposed by this latest PHO Order, Field Hockey BC trusts that our community will remain vigilant in helping to flatten the COVID-19 curve and in doing so progressively move the collective organized sport sector towards greater freedoms for participation in 2021.
Yours in sport,
Field Hockey BC
December 3, 2020
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
Registration | Events Calendar | Clubs in BC | About Us
BC Member Clubs
Join our Mailing List!
If you have any information on upcoming events, programs, human interest, awards or other field hockey news that you’d like to see shared by FHBC, please contact email@example.com
Field Hockey BC | 604.737.3146 | http://fieldhockeybc.com/
Field Hockey BC | Suite 101, 7455 132nd Street, Surrey, British Columbia V3W 1J8 Canada
Update Profile | About our service provider
Sent by firstname.lastname@example.org powered by
Trusted Email from Constant Contact – Try it FREE today.
Try email marketing for free today!
We have scheduled our club AGM for November 26th, 2020 at 7 pm. We will be holding the AGM via Zoom.
At this time we are calling for nominations for the following executive positions:
• Vice President
• Club Captain
The Club has five executive positions. Nominations for the Executive positions rotate on a two year schedule, so that in no one year are all five positions open.
Please respond to Paul Foster at email@example.com with any nominations.Also, email if you will be participating in the AGM, and I will send the Zoom meeting details.
If there are any questions please let me know.
The purpose of this framing document is to support the Provincial Sport Organization
(PSO) and the Local Sport Organization (LSO) to develop their own explicit plans to guide
the cautious and safe return of field hockey in B.C. during this pandemic.
The Provincial Health Organization’s direction is that field hockey’s return to play
framework consider three vital areas:
1. That activity planning considers a process to open safely
2. That measures are in place designed to keep people safe to avoid further outbreaks
3. That an action plan be in place should a case or an outbreak occur